Trainspotting 2 starts filming in May
Feb 08, 2016
By John Landicho
News have circulated saying that the sequel for Trainspotting which is a couple of decades in the making will start on the 16th of May.
According to Metro UK, the author of the story, Irvine Welsh stated that everyone is set for the start of production.
“We have all the team up now and are opening an office in March. We start shooting on May 16,” Welsh said in a Beaks And Geeks podcast.
He has also been contributing to the film as an executive producer. What's more is that he will also be one of the characters of the story.
“They have also cast me again in the film, so I'm reprising my role as Mikey Forrester, the drug dealer.”
Ewan McGregor, Jonny Lee Miller, Ewen Bremner and Robert Carlyle will all reprise their roles from the first film that was released about 20 years ago.
In 2015, Carlyle told the media that he had already read the script and said that it was the best script he has ever read.
According to Vulture, Boyle said that the start of the process of making the sequel is a bit tough, especially for the actors.
Boyle said that the actors were “very fearful” about the sequel.
“Actors are a great barometer of whether something is worthwhile or not. Their bullshit filter is very, very strong, because they're going to be the ones out there trying to make a script look truthful and believable,” Boyle said. “When it comes to doing another Trainspotting, they were very nervous, because for all of them, it's a large part of their reputation and they feel very protective towards their character.”